Friday, July 31, 2009

My Favorite Restaurants in NYC On A Budget


New York is a foodie's paradise. But it can break the bank. I love Nobu, but I'll eat there when someone else is footing the bill (a la client, parent, etc.) These are a few of my favorite places to eat on a budget in Manhattan:

  1. Buddha Bodai - Vegetarian Kosher Dim Sum (Mott St @ Bowery in Chinatown)
  2. Han Bat - best cheap Korean in the City (35th between 5th / 6th Ave)
  3. Mama's - Southern comfort food (great veggies!) in the East Village (3rd Street @ Ave B)
  4. El Maguey del Tuna - best cheap Mexican food in the City - $4 drinks and surreal mole and nachos (LES: Houston Street near Norfolk, so very far east)
  5. Cafe Katya - Eastern European food - divine wurst (so says my hubbie, I'm a vegetarian) and schnitzel
  6. Blind Tiger - sure, it's a beer bar (yum) but their Italian Tuna Melt is grilled perfection
  7. Quantum Leap - best. veggie. burger. ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment