Friday, July 31, 2009

It's Summertime: Grill Your Cocktails!

This past weekend, I picked up some delicious peaches from the Ft. Greene Farmer's Market (Saturdays -- the best farmer's market in Manhattan/Brooklyn, in my humble opinion) and decided to try to make a grilled cocktail for my friend's evening event, Grill Club NYC. I experimented at a birthday party in Brooklyn, where I mixed the first batch. The learning? Muddle MORE, and too much seltzer in the first batch!

The second batch was prepared for competition at Grill Club NYC on a rooftop terrace in the East Village. The best part of the night, by the way, was meeting an amazing couple from Denmark. I can't remember the chick's name, but I loved talking to her. She was tall and oh-so Nordic. Awesomeness.

Grilled Peach Bourbon Fizz
2 oz. bourbon
1 1/2 oz. elderflower syrup (from IKEA, or use St. Germaine Liqueur)
1 grilled skewer of peaches (about 5 minutes per side)
3 healthy dashes of peach bitters (I use Fee Brothers)
Seltzer float

Grill a skewer of peaches per cocktail. Place grilled peaches in cocktail shaker and muddle aggressively, until pureed (or use blender ideally). Add bourbon, peach bitters, elderflower syrup, and ice to shaker and shake vigorously. Pour using wide mouthed strainer into glass filled with ice. Leave 1 inch for seltzer float. Stir and serve with garnished peach slice and straw.

Grill Club NYC - Awarded “Best Cocktail” July 2009

sweeeeeet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment