Saturday, September 4, 2010

Straw Solution! The Perfect Icy Beverage Cup


So, anyone who knows me knows I'm obsessed with straws. Gotta have one in my ice water at dinner, and in pretty much everything I drink that is cold (except orange juice and cocktails).

I hate the wastefulness of plastic straws, so I invested in aluminum straws (3 per pack / $10). They were great -- for a while. But soon, I noticed the inside of the straw didn't appear that clean, even after boiling it. It looked...gunky. Super gross.

So, I've been on the search for a solution, and I found it last week at Stonewall Kitchen in Maine, where my mom and I took a tasty cooking class.

Viola! The Copco Sierra Cold Tumbler, 24 ounce. I got it for my kale shakes, but have decided to keep it solely a water glass, to keep it clean. It's fantastic. Never too cold to pick up, fits in all cup holders, BPA-free, doesn't drip condensation, and....it has a stellar straw!!

Two thumbs up -- I plan to rock it as I drive my 16ft moving truck down I-81 on Wednesday.







No comments:

Post a Comment