Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our Daily Kale Shake

Every morning, we have a kale shake. Why? What could possibly be better than raw dark leafy greens to jumpspark your day? If I go more than 2 days without this shake, I can feel a pretty severe difference in my moods and attitude. It is truly the best "multi-vitamin" you can possibly take. And, I SWEAR, it taste GOOD. The fruit almost completely overwhelms the kale...Really!

Kale Shake (makes 2 servings)

1 ripe banana

1-2 cups water (depending on thickness preference)

1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries, cherries and peaches (half a cup of each)

1/2 head of organic green or red organic kale (remove majority of stems

2 tablespoons flax oil (for omega 3)

Ice Cubes (as desired)


Misc: You can add ground milk thistle, or ground flax or hemp seeds, or anything that you know is good for you personally!


The secret is blending -- really blend this shake for a long time. We have a Vitamix, a fancy blender that really gets the job done in no time, but you can certainly use a regular blender -- just let it run for 5 minutes. I drink my kale shake with a straw...YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment