Monday, August 3, 2009

Astoria & The Greeks

MTZ / Astoria Park


After 12 years, I finally go to Astoria last night to eat Greek food at Agnanti. I'm embarrassed to report the food was so utterly perfect and delicious that I completely forgot to take any pictures, except for the carcass of my grilled red snapper. We started with a spicy cheese spread, baby eggplant and garlic spread, and grilled pita. My aunt and cousin got grape leaves (for dinner, odd I know) which were amazing, warm, rich but not overly heavy, and truly perfect.
We were disappointed that they were out of grilled sardines, which my husband and I had planned to get all day from perusing the menu via Internet. He got the grilled calamari and I got the catch of the day, grilled red snapper. Perfection, truly. They served us a sour cherry / yogurt / semolina cake / almond cake desert plate at the end for free. Delightful. I will definitely go back there before I depart, for another stunning Greek seafood meal.

After all, the park that the restaurant sits on is also worth a visit!



No comments:

Post a Comment