Monday, August 30, 2010

Packing Up

I started this blog to share my experiences about loving and leaving NYC. When I created it, I had no timeline for moving, nor did I know where we would go. And now, we are 10 days from departure. We're moving south, home to a condo near downtown Asheville, NC. After 12 years in New York (and Brooklyn), our time in the City has come to an end.

My dear friend Erin has been keeping a running list all year -- every time I complain about the City, she writes it down. She says I'll need it in a few months, when I'm missing NYC and wishing for City life. Perhaps I will. I'm so ready to leave and start a new chapter of our live -- who knows where we will end up, or for how long, but being in the process of finding a lifestyle that we create together, is really exciting. That said, I'm already terribly sentimental about the City -- Russ and Daughters, my bra shop on Orchard Street, fresh moz at Alleva, biking everywhere, whole foods on houston, frank's bike shop -- there is so, so many things that feel unreplaceable. I guess they aren't. But they will always be here for a visit.

I heart the Lower East Side!

No comments:

Post a Comment